5 Simple Ways to Avoid Disaster at Your Outdoor Autumn Wedding
Fall is your favorite season, so it makes total sense that you’d want to have your wedding in this fragrant, crisp season. But, just like any season, there’s always a chance for disaster.
If you’re having your fall wedding outdoors, plan ahead so you can avoid a wedding disaster.
- Keep a warm sweater on hand just in case it gets colder than expected. Have a little cardigan or white, furry shrug on hand to keep your bare shoulders from the autumn chill.
- Have warmer shoes on hand. Fashion is all well and good, but it will be hard to enjoy your wedding if you’re so focused on your super cold feet. Just in case it’s colder than expected, keep warmer shoes on hand. You can slip into them when no one’s looking.
- Rent outdoor heaters. These heaters can stand up anywhere around your ceremony or reception. If guests get cold, they can stand around these to warm up.
- Set up a covered area for food. Even if your wedding is outdoors, you still need to protect your food from the elements. Falling leaves, rain or snow could turn a lovely wedding cake into a disaster.
- Have a backup plan. Freak storms happen. Even if it’s supposed to be in the 60s, there’s always a chance there’ll be a blizzard–autumn is just fickle that way. Have a backup venue ready just in case the worst happens.
Have any tips of your own? Share them in the comments!